Table of Contents
- 1 Why Use Our EcoBlend Heating Oil?
- 1.1 EcoBlend Is A Cleaner Burning Fuel
- 1.2 Improved Heating Equipment Operation & Efficiency
- 1.3 No Heating System Modifications Needed
- 1.4 Financial Benefits Of EcoBlend
- 1.5 EcoBlend Is Safe
- 1.6 EcoBlend Is “Green”
- 1.7 Dependable Heating Fuel
- 1.8 EcoBlend Is Economical
- 1.9 EcoBlend Is Efficient
- 1.10 Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil
- 1.11 Additional Benefits Of Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil (ULSHO)
- 1.12 EcoBlend Is Better In So Many Ways
- 2 Call Hart Home Comfort For All Of Your Home Heating Requirements
These days, being more environmentally conscious is paramount. Whether it’s starting a carpool at work or doing something as simple as using a reusable water bottle, it all helps contribute towards the greater good. Each of us can make a difference. Hart Home Comfort is also participating in being more environmentally friendly. Our EcoBlend bioheat fuel provides our customers a superior heating fuel while enabling our customers to heat their homes in a more carbon-free manner. It’s a win-win for many reasons. In this article, we discuss the various EcoBlend benefits.
Why Use Our EcoBlend Heating Oil?
The home heating fuel we supply our customers throughout Queens and Long Island isn’t your run-of-the-mill heating oil. Our EcoBlend bioheat fuel takes home heating to a new level with cleaner-burning capabilities, improved equipment operation and efficiency, and some additional financial benefits as well!
EcoBlend Is A Cleaner Burning Fuel
EcoBlend Bioheat Fuel is produced from domestic and renewable resources that are abundantly available in the U.S. It’s also biodegradable, non-toxic, and sulfur-free. What does all that mean? It means using EcoBlend Bioheat Fuel produces fewer harmful emissions, creating a cleaner environment for everyone!
Improved Heating Equipment Operation & Efficiency
As a cleaner-burning fuel, one of the biggest benefits behind EcoBlend bioheat fuel is that it’s virtually sulfur-free. Sulfur is a common cause of buildup or scaling, on heating equipment, which can cause a drop in efficiency and system malfunctions. With fewer sulfur emissions, Hart Home Comfort customers will improve heat output and a reduction in service calls.
No Heating System Modifications Needed
Our EcoBlend heating oil can be used in any home’s oil-fired heating system. If you have fuel in your tank from a previous dealer, EcoBlend can be mixed right in without causing any problems with your equipment!
Financial Benefits Of EcoBlend
The more obvious financial benefits behind using EcoBlend home heating oil are the increase in efficiency and the decrease in repairs. However, because EcoBlend contains 20% biofuel, Hart Home Comfort customers are eligible for a New York State tax for each gallon of EcoBlend purchased for the year! Click here to learn how to file for a clean heating fuel tax credit.
EcoBlend Is Safe
- EcoBlend Bioheat® will not burn in a liquid state. In order to light EcoBlend heating oil on fire, you must heat it above 140 degrees, the temperature at which it begins to vaporize.
- There are visible warnings if there is a burner malfunction. With home heating oil systems, carbon monoxide leaks rarely happen without warning. If a burner should malfunction, it will release smoke or soot as a visible warning; these serve as early indicators that something is wrong long before dangerous levels of carbon monoxide can be released into the air.
- EcoBlend is non-explosive. A match dropped into EcoBlend heating oil will go out as if it were dropped into water.
EcoBlend Is “Green”
- Renewable liquid fuel, EcoBlend, burns cleanly. Today’s EcoBlend heating oil burns more than 95% cleaner than conventional heating oil did in 1970. Since it burns so cleanly, it comes well within the air pollution standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- It is kind to the environment. In fact, residential heating oil equipment creates such a negligible amount of emissions that EcoBlend heating oil is not even regulated by the Federal Clean Air Act.
- It can be blended with renewable resources. Read more about our clean and green Bioheat® fuel blend, EcoBlend heating oil.
Dependable Heating Fuel
- It offers dependable and safe storage. With EcoBlend heating oil, you benefit from having your fuel source safely stored in a tank on your property – with no need to worry about the weather or disruptions in the fuel supply.
- There will always be a plentiful supply. Even during the coldest winter months, there’s more than enough heating oil for everyone. In fact, the United States has a Strategic Petroleum Reserve with a capacity of 727 million barrels, the world’s largest emergency oil stockpile, in addition to a one-million-barrel heating oil reserve. There are over 100 oil-producing countries, and the U.S. is not dependent on any one country or region for its supply.*
- You can rely on us! Hart Home Comfort offers dependable, courteous personalized service – with around-the-clock emergency response and a small-town, neighborly feeling that makes us easy to do business with.
EcoBlend Is Economical
- The price is right. EcoBlend Bioheat® has been the value leader for the majority of the past 20 years.
- Competition keeps prices in check. Competition among local heating oil companies helps to ensure a better value.
EcoBlend Is Efficient
- EcoBlend heating oil is hot! Of all heating fuels, EcoBlend heating oil has the hottest flame – for satisfying warmth, and rapid space and hot water heating.
- EcoBlend requires no modifications to your existing heating oil system. All blends up to B20 (20% biodiesel) have been tested and confirmed to be completely compatible with existing heating oil technology.
- Heating oil systems are super-efficient! Thanks to major advancements being made in oil burner technology, some heating oil systems now boast efficiency ratings of over 95%! Modern heating oil equipment actually burns less fuel. The average annual fuel consumption in 1973 was 1,294 gallons. Today, it is only 833 gallons, that’s 35% less fuel.
Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil
Your heating oil is better than ever!
In 2010, New York State approved a switch to ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO), which reduces sulfur content in the fuel by 99%. The law went into effect on July 1, 2012. All EcoBlend fuel contains ultra-low sulfur heating oil.
Additional Benefits Of Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil (ULSHO)
- Heating equipment that runs on ULSHO lasts longer and requires less maintenance.
- Using ULSHO could also increase your heating system’s efficiency. According to the Consumer Energy Council of America, ULSHO reduces emissions by over 70% compared to traditional heating fuel.
- You don’t need to make any modifications to your oil burners, boilers, furnaces, fuel tanks, or any heating system components in order to use ULSHO.
- ULSHO is blendable with renewable, eco-friendly biodiesel to create EcoBlend Bioheat®, the cleanest home heating fuel in the USA. Combine that with the latest advanced oil burners, and you can reduce emissions even further!
In addition to all these benefits, heating oil offers value-added full service – including price protection, service plans, and our Hart Comfort Budget Plan. Click here for more about Hart Home Comfort’s services.
EcoBlend Is Better In So Many Ways
- Better for America: Because the alternative EcoBlend Bioheat® fuel, EcoBlend, is made from renewable resources produced in America, it helps support our nation’s farmers while reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
- The environment benefits: Because the Bioheat® fuel contains virtually no sulfur, EcoBlend home heating oil reduces particulates and greenhouse gases that lead to air pollution and global warming.
- Better for your heating system … and your comfort: EcoBlend fuel oil lubricates heating system parts more thoroughly and efficiently, helping to reduce service calls. Plus, the alternative Bioheat® fuel has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel, for more efficient burning and satisfying warmth.
- Better for your budget: Although EcoBlend costs slightly more than “regular” heating oil, we believe in it so much we are absorbing the additional costs of bringing it to you. By using EcoBlend Bioheat®, you’ll get up to a 20-cent per gallon New York State tax credit.
Call Hart Home Comfort For All Of Your Home Heating Requirements
Hart Home Comfort offers high-quality oil deliveries and heating and cooling services in the area. We have professionally certified technicians who can conduct excellent HVAC services, including boiler repair, furnace maintenance, HVAC installation, and more. Each of our expert technicians has the extensive knowledge and experience needed to correctly and promptly service your HVAC system. Book an appointment, and give us a call today for a free, in-home consultation.
Hart Home Comfort also delivers home heating oil to residents and businesses in the area. We deliver EcoBlend, an ultra-low sulfur heating oil, to help reduce carbon emissions. This oil is compatible with your current heating system and is much more eco-friendly than traditional heating oil. It does not come at an extra cost to you. We offer various delivery plans and financing options so that you can customize your oil deliveries to meet your needs. Give us a call today to learn more.