Welcome to Hart Rate, Your Heating Oil Price Protection Plan
Enjoy heating oil price protection your own way! No more paper agreements to sign and file away, no more stamps to affix and no more trips to the mailbox. Simply choose your price protection plan, "sign" your name digitally and your heating oil prices will be protected!
Every household's needs, budgets, and goals are different. At Hart Home Comfort, we recognize that one shoe does not fit all! Therefore, we have several price protection plans available to our customers:
Please review the plans on this page and feel free to contact us with any questions regarding one of our plans. You can also complete the form on this page and one of our home comfort specialists will be in contact with you shortly.
Complete the form below to get more information about our Hart Home Comfort heating oil price protection plans:
Capped Price Protection
At Hart Home Comfort, we offer price protection in the form of a capped (or ceiling) price. A capped price is the maximum price per gallon you will pay for fuel. If heating oil prices drop, you will pay the market price.
Capped Price Pros:
- If heating oil prices go up, you are protected by the capped price
- If heating oil prices go down, you receive the lower price, thanks to downside insurance
Capped Price Cons:
- In volatile markets, the starting price is higher than other programs
- You have to pay a monetary fee for insurance on the price cap
Fixed Price Protection
We also offer the option of locking in a Fixed Price. You lock into a set price for a specific amount of gallons for a period of time.
Fixed Price Pros:
- You are protected from increasing heating oil prices
- You will know exactly how much you are paying for every gallon of fuel
Fixed Price Cons:
- If market heating oil prices go down, you do not benefit because you are locked into a set price until your contracted gallons have been exhausted
We also offer our customers a posted (or market or variable) price. On the day of oil delivery, you will be billed the Hart Home Comfort market rate per gallon, which will be directly related to that day's market price as determined by the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX).
Market Price Pros:
- There are no fees
- Discounts are available for many customers
- If heating oil prices are lower when you purchase your oil, you will receive the lower price
- You are not locked into a price
Market Price Cons:
- If heating oil prices are higher when you purchase your oil, you will receive the higher price
- You are not protected from price increases
Contact Us For Immediate Service
We are committed to providing the best service for your ultimate home comfort!