Oil Heating System Upgrade In Westbury, New York
A recent customer’s oil Rheem furnace had a cracked heat exchanger.
Hart Home Comfort quickly removed their old Rheem furnace and replaced it with a Ruud oil furnace.
Table of Contents:
A recent customer noticed that their Westbury, New York home did not feel warm and comfortable as it had in previous winters. Some rooms felt hot while others felt too cold. Additionally, their energy bills had increased without any explanation. They called Hart Home Comfort to diagnose their HVAC issues.
We dispatched Frank Ponoko, a seasoned HVAC technician, to their home. He inspected their Rheem furnace and found a cracked heat exchanger.
When a furnace has a cracked heat exchanger, it is unrepairable. It is also extremely dangerous as it leaks carbon monoxide gas into the home. For this reason, Frank recommended a furnace replacement for their Westbury, NY home.
Rudd In Westbury NY
Hart Home Comfort highly recommends Ruud HVAC systems to their customers. This manufacturer builds its heating and cooling systems in such a way that they provide a high level of comfort and energy efficient operation. We installed a Ruud Model ROCA-070 highboy direct drive in their home. They can count on their new oil furnace to perform well for many years to come.
Some of the features of the Ruud oil furnace that we installed for them include:
- Can be installed in properly ventilated utility rooms, alcoves, or closets.
- 10-gauge primary and 14-gauge secondary heat exchanger
- Direct Drive blower assemblies to allow for heating and air conditioning applications
- Efficiencies up to 85.9%
- Easy accessibility for cleaning and maintenance due to front cleanout ports
- Come with standard Honeywell controls
- Can choose between Beckett, Riello Carlin burners
- Extended vestibule on all units
- ECM blower assemblies for heating and cooling applications-2-stage air conditioning, 2-stage heat pump back up
- Furnace vestibule has ECM Control board
- Warranty: 5-year parts and limited lifetime for the heat exchanger
Our customers are happy with their new Ruud furnace. They immediately noticed an improvement in their comfort level and soon, they will see a decrease in their home heating costs.
If your heating system is old or outdated, be sure to give Hart Home Comfort a call. We can inspect your system and give you a quote on what a furnace replacement would cost. We offer free, in-home, no-obligation consultations.
What You Need to Know Before You Replace Your Oil Furnace In Westbury NY
The majority of property owners do not give very much thought to the heating system in their home, other than basic things such as fuel deliveries and annual maintenance. However, if your boiler or oil furnace was installed 10 to 12 years ago, it is a good idea to give serious thought to getting it replaced.
Most manufacturers state that boilers and oil furnaces last approximately 10 to 20 years. If you have had regular maintenance completed on your heating system and have taken good care of it, you may get more than 12 years from your furnace. If, on the other hand, you do not know the age of your boiler or heater, or are experiencing issues with heating, these may be signs that replacement is necessary.
One of the most substantial investments any homeowner will make is the purchase of a new boiler or furnace. Thankfully, the price of the unit can typically be offset by future fuel savings. New units are highly efficient and provide warmth throughout the winter even though they use less fuel than units that are 10 or more years old.
Understanding The Warning Signs For A Furnace Replacement
A person does not usually awaken to find that his or her furnace has suddenly stopped working. Instead, there are generally warning signs in the months and years leading up to the end of the unit's lifespan. Below are some things to watch for if your boiler or furnace is more than 12 years old:
- Excessive Oil Usage: If you have discovered that a full tank of oil does not stretch as long as it used to, it may be that the boiler is losing its efficiency. This happens as boilers get older, mainly if proper maintenance was not completed regularly. The system may be wearing down if you notice a drop in its efficiency.
- Higher Maintenance Costs: If you find that you are calling repair services more than once every 12 months, it may be that this extra maintenance is a sign that the furnace is wearing out. If you notice strange noises, such as clunking sounds, and are calling the repairman more and more often, this is also a sign that a newer unit may be your best option.
- Comfort Level Of Your Home: Virtually everyone anticipates a certain amount of dryness during winter, but old boilers and furnaces often cause air to become particularly dusty, stale or dry. The ventilation of older systems may be poor as well. Aging units are also at a higher risk for heat exchanger cracks, which can let carbon monoxide seep into the house. Although all dwellings should feature a carbon monoxide detector, extra protection can be gained by updating your furnace.
- Efficiency Of The Thermostat: If your house remains chilly regardless of how high you turn up the heat, or you discover that certain rooms are much colder than others, you may have a heating system problem. When boilers and furnaces get old, they often fail to distribute heat as thoroughly as they should. However, you should eliminate leaking windows as a cause of this problem, and then determine how well the heating system is working throughout the dwelling.
When It Is Time For A New Furnace In Westbury?
To enjoy the best performance from your new furnace or boiler, you should speak to a licensed professional to decide what type of unit your home requires. You also need a professional company to remove the old unit, and at the same time inspect components such as ductwork.
Boilers and furnaces are manufactured to fit specific structures, and this can affect their cost. Brand and efficiency can also have an impact on the price of the unit. Although a new furnace is a sizable investment, over time, it will save you money that you would otherwise have to spend on repairs and fuel.
Call Hart Home Comfort today to get more information about purchasing a new boiler or oil furnace.
for Westbury, NY
Thomas - Westbury, NY
Our service was great. Great customer service. All questions and concerns were answered. No surprises.
Great Service from on call tech
Anthony - Westbury, NY
Had an issue during off hours and Frank (service tech) was very helpful. I am glad he was on call in my area to help me with my issue
Michael - Westbury, NY
Charlie and Hart Home Comfort are there when you need them. My heat went out on a cold night and the problem was fixed before things got really bad. It ended up being an easy fix, but Charlie checked everything out to be sure that nothing was overlooked.
Ann - Westbury, NY
I was pleased that the technician pointed out a problem with the hot water heater that might have caused an issue if left unchecked. He fixed it quickly and competently. It was obvious that he is an experienced and professional heating expert.
No time given waited all day. No service!
Paul - Westbury, NY
No reminder phone call so I had no idea what time they were coming. Was home front door open but never heard them knock so they left. I waited all day and 2 months for this appointment!! So dissatisfied and disappointed!!
Marianne - Westbury, NY
Install Oil Tank
Install Oil Tank
No Heat or Hot Water
Annual Tune Up
No Heat in Some Areas
Annual Tune up
tags: case studies, 11514, 11590, westbury, 40.7556561, -73.58762729999999, 40.7556561 -73.58762729999999, oil furnace replacement in westbury ny, oil furnace replacement company in westbury ny, best oil furnaces in westbury ny, oil furnace prices in westbury ny, high efficiency oil furnace forced hot air in westbury ny, oil furnace for sale in westbury ny, ruud oil furnace in westbury ny, case studies
Contact Us For Immediate Service
We are committed to providing the best service for your ultimate home comfort!