Case Study: Peerless Oil Boiler Commercial Installation Project In Merrick New York
The Merrick Jewish Center had an old commercial steel oil boiler in place in their temple and school that began leaking.
Hart Home Comfort technicians determined that they would need to demolish all the boiler room equipment and supply and erect two Peerless SCT-09 oil-fired boilers with Carlin burners equipped with their pumps and rated at 700,000 BTU’s.
Due to the size of the job, it would require supplying and installing two 10” galvanized breeching with two Fields 10” barometric dampers tied into the existing 16” steel common breeching.
Additionally, Hart Home Comfort would supply and install all pipe, fittings, valves support systems and electrical work necessary to connect the two new boilers to the existing pumps and piping and put the system into operation according to the manufactures specifications.
To ensure that all safety and operating controls were set accurately, the HVAC Company would conduct a factory start-up and perform an electric combustion efficiency analysis.
PROBLEM: The Merrick Jewish Center had an old commercial steel oil boiler in place in their temple and school that began leaking. They called Hart Home Comfort to come and evaluate their system and diagnose the cause of the leak.
SOLUTION: An experienced HART Home Comfort technician consulted with the Merrick Jewish Center management and, after inspection of the old commercial oil boiler system, determined that the old system needed to be replaced. He recommended removing ten old Repco Steel oil boilers and upgrading to two Peerless oil-fired boilers.
The Peerless SCT-09 Oil Fired Boiler
Peerless offers some of the best heating equipment in the industry. Hart Home Comfort highly recommends these boilers to all of our customers.
The Peerless SCT oil fired boiler is a cast iron commercial steam or hot water boiler that can be fired as a gas, oil, or gas and oil combined boiler. The SCT-09 is a 43-gallon boiler with a thermal efficiency rating of 83.7%. This particular system features:
- Insulated Powder Coated Steel Jacket
- Steel Push Nipples that provide a watertight seal between sections
- Honeywell Operating Controls
- Manual Reset High Limit ControlForced Draft Burner
- Target Wall and Cerafelt Base Liner
- Tankless Coil Cover Plates
- Aluminized Steel Flue Collector
- Low Water Cut-Off
How to Evaluate the Efficiency of Your Commercial Heating System
When a commercial HVAC system is not working at its peak, it is often apparent in costs and comfort. A significant portion of your company’s energy bills comes from the operation of your heating and cooling system. The US Department of Energy states that as much as 30% of a commercial building’s energy consumption goes to waste. Measuring operational efficiency is the first step to fixing the issue.
- Consider your building’s size – Bigger is not always better and smaller does not always mean increased efficiency. A professional can help you judge whether your commercial HVAC system is the proper size to get maximum efficiency.
- Check for deteriorating or failing systems –Have a professional check your existing system to evaluate overall performance and make sure that a repair will not fix the issue before considering an upgrade to your system.
- Measure the actual on-site performance of the system- Testing a commercial HVAC system, troubleshooting problems, locating problem areas and recommending best-case solutions are all highly technical tasks, which should be left to a professional HVAC technician. If you suspect that your system is performing poorly, contact an HVAC professional and have a comprehensive test done.
When to Replace your Commercial Heating System
Most manufacturers agree that the average commercial HVAC lifespan is between 15-25 years.
- Lifespan is expiring: If you have been noticing lower efficiently and overall poor performance, it could be because your old commercial HVAC system is finally coming to the end of its life.
- Increased maintenance: In addition to decreased efficiency, you may find that your system requires more maintenance to keep up with the required workload.
- Higher energy bills: Old and outdated commercial HVAC systems will only be the cause for higher energy bills and can mean frequent breakdowns and repairs. Even with regular maintenance, there comes the point where old systems are just not as efficient.
- Airflow Inconsistencies: If you notice big temperature disparities between floors or various hot and cold spots throughout the building, you could have HVAC air leaks and control issues.
By upgrading their old Steel oil boiler system to the Peerless oil fired boiler, the Merrick Jewish Center can rely on its system to heat the temple and school during the Merrick NY winters for many years. They can expect better air quality, controlled humidity, and consistent temperatures that will leave everyone in the building more comfortable. Additionally, they will be saving money, as their new system is considerably more energy efficient than their old one.
Hart Home Comfort Provides All-inclusive Installation Of Your New Heating System
Table of Contents:
At Hart Home Comfort, NATE-certified technicians are always on hand to assist you with all your home heating issues. We offer top-notch HVAC tune-ups, repairs, installations, and replacements. Our qualified NATE certified techs can repair existing systems and keep them in the best condition possible. Additionally, we offer the most competitive heater service prices in the region. If your home or commercial heating equipment requires replacement, we can assist you to locate the ideal unit for your environment and budget. Do not hesitate to get in touch with a Hart Home Comfort specialist now to schedule an appointment. We offer free in-home estimates and are more than happy to address all your questions and concerns.
Check Out Our Reviews In North Merrick NY:
for Merrick, NY
Excellent, Reliable Service
Linda - Merrick, NY 11566
Frederick Stephens - Merrick, NY 11566
Very efficient, clean, organized couldn't ask for more
Gladys - Merrick, NY 11566
I called past midnight with my problem and Frank called me within 10 minutes. He was wonderful. He tried to fix the problem that evening but I needed a repairman visit. The next day I received a call at 7:30 am to notify me that a repairman would be at my home within an hour. It was by the repairman himself. He was courteous, knowledgeable, proficient and explained everything he did thoroughly. I am very pleased with the service .
Quick response, great service
Ivan - Merrick, NY 11566
Get in --Get out-- Do as little as possible
Valerie - Merrick, NY 11566
Don't send this last guy back to me. It was a hot day & he was uncomfortable working in my hot basement. Because you use bio-heat the furnace does not get dirty so while I watched him it was not necessary to vacuum the inside of the boiler. He never did the chimney or the pipe leading up to it. He did not use the meter to check the efficiency at the stack. He did wash the low water cut off glass but I did not see him use a wire to make sure that the float would not hang up due to rust nor dump water out of the bottom of furnace to get rid of built up rust. I am not sure He changed the nozzle or just cleaned the old one.& I am not sure he changed the tank filter. I did not have any odor of oil after he left. I was in & out of the basement so I was not with him all the time. I just hope that there are no problems this winter while I am away & need to call you for emergency repair. Usually you are excellent in your work which is why I have stayed with you all these years but not this time.
Seth - Merrick, NY 11566
Rose - Merrick, NY 11566
I’m very satisfied with the service provided
Great service,very polite
David - Merrick, NY 11566
Didn’t keep me waiting around all day. Showed up on time
Chris - Merrick, NY 11566
Service person called before coming, was prompt, courteous, neat and professional.
Response from Hart Home Comfort:
Thanks so much for your review and for being such a valued customer for so many years. Sincerely, Jackie Hart
Corey - Merrick, NY 11566
No heat in some areas
Burner not operating
Install oil tank
No hot water
Too much heat
Burner not operating
tags: -73.55151599999999, 11566, 40.6628795, 40.6628795 -73.55151599999999, case studies, commercial boiler installation companies in merrick ny, commercial boiler manufacturers in merrick ny, commercial boiler prices in merrick ny, commercial steam boiler in merrick ny, how do commercial boilers work in merrick ny, merrick, oil fired boiler in merrick ny, peerless boilers in merrick ny
Contact Us For Immediate Service
We are committed to providing the best service for your ultimate home comfort!